The 5 Best Motorcycle Goggles for Fall and Winter Riding
When you think of motorcycle riding eyewear, the first thing that might come to mind is a pair of polarized shades for daytime riding during the hot summer months. However, there are plenty of other eye wear options that allow riders to safely ride during many conditions including cold weather. If you plan to fit in a bit of fall and winter riding but don’t yet have the appropriate eye wear to do so, check out these five motorcycle goggles that are perfect for the colder months.
- Cruiser II Interchangeable Goggles: Economically speaking, the Cruiser II Interchangeable Goggles are some of the best on the market. Although they are affordable at just a little over $30, they lack in quality in no way and do an impeccable job of protecting the eyes from harsh winds and cold weather. An appealing feature of these motorcycle riding goggles is that they come with interchangeable lenses, allowing for quick installation and removal whenever you need to switch out lenses to fit your riding conditions. The purchase of these riding goggles comes with amber lenses for riding in overcast situations, clear lenses for nighttime riding, and smoked lenses for daytime riding. Each lens is built with complete UVA and UVB protection and a durable polycarbonate material. The lenses are also coated with special anti-fog protection and the goggles come with an Rx ready form. When you buy these goggles, you will also receive a soft, microfiber cleaning cloth, clip, and a protective pouch for storage purposes. The frame is black in color, matte in finish, open cell in style, and thermoplastic in material. Attached to the frame is an easily adjustable head strap to provide a secure, yet comfortable fit.
- Fox Racing Airspc Enduro Goggles: Although these goggles were originally designed for motocross racing, plenty of people have used the Fox Racing Airspc Goggles for cold outdoor activities like skiing and winter riding. These goggles make such a great option for riding during the colder season because of the cutting edge ventilation system. In addition to better circulation of air, these goggles offer higher quality padding and vision. Riders can enjoy greater peripheral vision thanks to the wide, clear lenses. These goggles are also more comfortable than other eye wear options because of the removable nose guard and the triple layer foam that surrounds the face and effectively absorbs sweat before it can enter the eyes. For added security, these goggles are designed with a retention system for the lenses as well as a non-slip silicone head strap.
- Bobster Photochromic Ignitor Goggles: These goggles are a favorite among many riders because the lens colors automatically change with the riding conditions. When the conditions are bright and sunny, the lenses darken and when the conditions are dark and cloudy, they lighten up (and they’ll lighten up as the sun begins to set too). If you don’t want to change your lenses while you are on the road, the Bobster Photochromic Ignitor Goggles make the perfect solution! You won’t have to change the lenses…they’ll change themselves. In addition to photochromic lenses, these goggles are built with plenty of foam padding for extra protection and comfort. You’ll never have to worry about your eyes tearing up from strong winds because the open cell foam padding will seal around the eyes and prevent anything from getting in. The lenses are designed with an anti-fog coating (an important feature for anyone who will be doing a substantial amount of riding in cold weather) as well as shatterproof protection and an anti-scratch coating.
- Black Brand Rocket Goggles: They are fundamentally minimalist, but undeniably distinguished and ultra trendy. These edgy, no-nonsense goggles prioritize functionality, yet end up inadvertently being one of the most stylish goggle options available. The goggles come with a set of three interchangeable lenses in the following colors: yellow (for cloudy, overcast situations), clear (for nighttime riding), and smokey grey (for bright, sunny conditions). Each lens comes with shatterproof protection and is constructed out of a durable, polycarbonate material. The lenses also come with 100% UVA and UVB protection. The frames include an elastomer strap that fits comfortably and securely around the head as well as fleece-lined foam padding to keep wind out and provide extra comfort.
- Bobster Crossfire Folding Goggles: Another excellent and economical option, these Bobster Crossfire Folding Goggles offer high quality protection at just a little more than $20. These practical goggles come in a matte black frame with the option of clear, smoked, or amber lenses (or all three). The lenses offer complete UVA and UVB protection, are made out of a polycarbonate material, and are coated with anti-fog protection. The goggles are constructed with a comfortable, adjustable head strap and extra foam padding to seal around the eyes and keep wind and debris out. These goggles are great for people who don’t have a lot of space since they can be folded and stored away in the microfiber pouch that comes with the goggles.
Looking for more great motorcycle goggle options that are perfect for fall and winter riding? Or are you look for other motorcycle riding safety glasses? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today with any questions that you might have. You can also keep reading our other blog posts for more free resources or visit our official website. We are committed to helping you find the right eye wear for your riding needs.